For second year in a row, @UPSPolicy delivered more goods while generating fewer emissions. Kudos! http://bit.ly/1n2Dm25
Advise the American Clean Skies Foundation’s efforts to encourage government and other purchasing policies that reduce oil consumption and emissions in the nation’s trucking sector.
Who Are We?
- Marc D. Boyle, President, Boyle Transportation
- Marc D. Boyle is President and CEO of Boyle Transportation, a motor carrier that specializes in the transportation of security-sensitive and high value materials for defense, energy and life sciences industries. Marc has over 20 years of leadership experience in transportation and supply chain management. He chairs the Security and Safety subcommittee of the National Defense Transportation Association and is a Vice President at Large of the American Trucking Associations. Marc frequently consults with the Transportation Security Administration, Departments of Transportation and Energy on the application of security technology to freight transportation. Marc is also a member of the Young Presidents’ Organization. Prior to joining the company, he was a management consultant with McKinsey & Company where he advised clients on strategy, operational effectiveness and supply chain management. Mr. Boyle holds a Master of Engineering in logistics and supply chain management from M.I.T. and a BA from Middlebury College.
- Jim Bruce, Vice President Corporate Public Affairs, UPS
- Genevieve Cullen, Vice President, Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA)
- J. Michael Gallagher, Chairman of the Board, Agility Fuel Systems
- Dr. J. Michael Gallagher is Chairman of the Board of NGV Global, as well as Agility Fuel Systems, a leading natural gas fuel systems company, and the Southern California Air Quality Management District’s Natural Gas Vehicle Partnership. He is also former Senior Adviser, President and Chief Operating Officer of Westport Innovations, where he worked to encourage the global adoption of natural gas in clean transportation systems, and former Chairman of the Board of Cummins Westport Inc. Dr. Gallagher was, until recently, Chairman of the 60-organization Natural Gas Group of the two-year US national energy study, the DOE NPC Study of Future Transportation Fuels. He is also a member of the Board of Trustees of the Vancouver Opera Foundation, and The Nature Conservancy of Canada-British Columbia.
- Todd Keller, Vice President Federal Policy, Advanced Energy Economy (AEE) (bio)
- Todd Keller is responsible for representing AEE on matters of federal policy, legislation, and regulation. Keller also works to build the Accelerating Energy Leadership Political Action Committee (AccelPAC), a non-connected federal political action committee that supports candidates who champion diversifying American energy sources, promoting regional economic development, and fostering a positive environment for advanced energy businesses. Prior to joining AEE, Todd directed legislative efforts for the National Wildlife Federation (NWF) on public land policy, which included responsible energy development on our nation’s landscapes.
For nearly 20 years Keller has developed and executed comprehensive campaign strategies for associations, nonprofit organizations, coalitions, political candidates, and elected officials. He has lobbied for local, state and national organizations and directed congressional, mayoral and issue campaigns in Ohio, Colorado, and New Jersey. Before NWF, Keller was Director of Recreation Policy for the Outdoor Industry Association, responsible for the entire recreation agenda including funding for and access to public lands. He also held positions with the National Environmental Trust/Pew Environment Group, where he was assigned to “campaign teams” and worked with directors to develop integrated media, grassroots and legislative strategies. Before arriving in Washington, Keller was a senior staff member for the Mayor of Cincinnati where he was charged with media operations, legislative activities, outreach to the business community, and the overall public affairs program of the Mayor’s office. He is a native Ohioan and graduate of the University of Cincinnati with a bachelor’s degree in Political Science. He lives in Washington, DC, with his wife, and two daughters Tess and Lilah.
- Patti Murdock, President, Clean Logistics Consulting
- Erik Neandross, CEO, Gladstein Neandross & Assoc.
- Erik Neandross is the CEO of Gladstein, Neandross & Associates (GNA), a national consulting firm specializing in the market development of alternative fuel technologies for on-road transportation and off-road high horsepower sectors. Erik oversees GNA’s day-to-day business operations, client work, and strategic growth initiatives.
- Mike O’Connell, Senior Director Fleet Operations, PepsiCo Frito-Lay
- Michael O’Connell, Sr. Director of Fleet Operations for Frito-Lay North America (FLNA), oversees one of the largest privately owned fleets in the United States. In this role, Mike is responsible for the development and execution of the organization’s sustainability strategy for fleet. This transformation encompasses upgrading existing assets, as well as the identification and integration of innovative “green” technologies and vehicles. The ultimate goal for the company is to become the “most fuel efficient fleet in the U.S.” Under Mike’s guidance, the company has been implementing initiatives such as route and asset optimization, operator training, aerodynamics, GPS, Electric Vehicles, CNG, and developing partnerships with organizations like the Department of Transportation and its SmartWay program.
O’Connell received his MBA from Xavier University in Cincinnati, OH and a combined B.S.B.A. (finance and operations management) from The Ohio State University.
- Susan Robinson, Public Affairs Director, Waste Management
- Susan Robinson is Public Affairs Director for Waste Management. She has worked in the environmental industry for 30 years in roles that span the public sector, non-profit, consultancy, and over twenty years in the private sector. Her experience includes global commodity marketing, research and analysis of industry trends, and twenty years managing municipal solid waste and recycling contracts.
- Dave Uncapher, Sr. Sourcing and Operations Leader, Owens Corning
- Bill Zobel, VP Market Development and Strategy, Trillium CNG
- William (Bill) Zobel is Vice President of Market Development and Strategy for Trillium CNG. Trillium designs, builds and operates a network of compressed natural gas (CNG) refueling stations across the US. Trillium has grown considerably over the past few years and has major expansion plans for a CNG network across the country.