Shale Gas Powers the Country
This map was originally published in Politico’s presidential nominating convention newspapers.
- Shale Gas Basins: Energy Information Administration, May 9, 2011, http://www.eia.gov/oil_gas/rpd/shale_gas.pdf
- Frac Sand Production: ICF International.
- New Major Gas-Fired Power Plants: SNL Financial, accessed June 12, 2012.
- Included are all planned natural gas-fired power plants with construction costs estimated to exceed $100,000,000.
- New Gas Processing and Fractionation Plants: Oil and Gas Journal, May 7, 2012.
- New Petrochemical and Other Plants: ICF International
- Existing and Planned Public LNG/CNG Filing Stations: Department of Energy, Alternative Fuels and Advanced Vehicles Data Center, accessed June 1, 2012, http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/fuels/stations.html
- Included are all existing and planned public CNG and LNG fueling stations (no private/fleet only fueling stations).
- Planned LNG Export Terminals: Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, July 17, 2012, http://ferc.gov/industries/gas/indus-act/lng/LNG-proposed-potential.pdf and http://www.ferc.gov/industries/gas/indus-act/lng/LNG-approved.pdf
- Included are all export terminals that are either approved and under construction or proposed to the FERC.